This documentation only applies to the Meerkat theme. If you are using a different theme, refer to the codex gallery shortcode documentation.The gallery and the wms_gallery shortcodes (examples shown below), have many possible attributes, some of which can only be added by editing the shortcode directly.
[wms_gallery type="grid" size="thumbnail" caption="no" columns="3" ids="49,48,47,46,45"]
Gallery will consist of all images attached to (i.e. uploaded while editing) this post.
Gallery will consist of images corresponding to this comma separated list of attachment IDs. If this attribute is set, exclude and include values will be ignored.
Gallery will consist of images corresponding to this comma separated list of attachment IDs. This value is ignored if the ids attribute is set.
A comma separated list of attachment IDs to exclude from the gallery. This value is ignored if the ids or include attributes are set.
Specify how to sort the gallery images.
- rand (or random)
Specify the sort order – ascending or descending.
Formatting & Behavior
Specify which size of the image to use.
- thumbnail (or thumb)
Specify the number of columns in a grid layout gallery. This value does not affect animated slideshows or filmstrip galleries.
Display the image caption below the image.
How long to spend on each picture of a animated slideshow. This value is ignored unless type is set to slideshow.
Alignment for animated slideshows. This value is ignored unless type is set to slideshow.
Provides a pause/play button when hovering over an animated slideshow. This value is ignored unless type is set to slideshow.
Determines what clicking on an image in a grid gallery will do. This value is ignored unless type is set to grid.
- file: a larger version of the image will pop up in a lightbox with previous/next navigation
- none: image is not clickable, no lightbox appears
- permalink: clicking on the image will take you to a page that has the image (at medium size) and the image’s description.
- parent: clicking on the image will take you to the page/post that this image was uploaded to (sometimes used in sidebar gallery widget)
Add one or more CSS classes (separated by spaces) to the gallery container to change the overall style.
- ngg: formats a grid gallery & its captions to look like a NextGen gallery. example