Finding the login screen
Most WordPress sites will have a login link on the right side of the site’s footer (Figure A, outlined in red).
Go directly to the URL
If you don’t see a login link in the footer, you can type the login URL directly into your browser by adding /wp-admin/ to the end of your site’s URL.
Most department sites will use the first format, while most personal sites, project sites, and course blogs will use the second. If adding /wp-admin/ to the end of your site’s URL doesn’t bring you to a login screen, the site is not a WordPress site.
You will be redirected to https://network.williams.edu/wp-login.php to continue the login process via Google (Figure B).
On the WordPress login screen, click the ‘Sign in with Google’ button.
You will be directed to the Google Suite login page (lower right), where you’ll be prompted to enter your Williams email address and password (Figure C), or select your user name from a list of recent login accounts (Figure D).
Username: if your Williams email is [email protected], your username for WordPress is abc1. Newer user names are 2-3 letters followed by a number (e.g. abc1); older user names are a string of up to 8 letters (e.g. abcdefgh).
Password: the same password used by your @williams.edu email account.
- Most login problems are caused by mistyped passwords. Visit pchanger.williams.edu to change or retrieve lost passwords.
- Are you sure you have an account on this site? Contact your site administrator or [email protected] to have one set up.
- Repeated failed login attempts can lock you out of your account. Contact the OIT help desk for assistance.
To log out:
- Look in the footer for the Log Out link, or
- Look in the upper right corner of your screen for a link that says “Howdy, [your name]” and mouse over it to reveal the logout link.